Now is the time of year when everyone is entertaining in their home. Aside from having a beautiful dinner table (you can purchase our table setting packages here if you haven't already), I love a nicely done bar cart. If your space and budget allow, I think these are a great investment for entertaining--they are fun, stylish and portable...what's not to like? I've compiled a list of a few of my favorites below. For smaller budgets, tray tables are a great option.
Once you have your cart, you need to set it up right. This can be easily done with these essentials. So grab the necessities and interject your personal style for a cart that you and your guests will enjoy.
How to style a bar cart:
- Small decorative bowl(s): For snacks or drink garnishes
- Straws: Paper straws are my favorite, and they come in every style/color you can think of these days.
- Florals/greenery: A great way to add color and life to your cart. You can keep everything else on the cart the same and simply change out the flowers for an entirely different look.
- Glassware: Forgo the plastics and get a set or two of essential glassware. West Elm is one of my favorite places to find these, and they just so happen to have their glassware on sale (with free shipping!) right now.
- Ice bucket (and tongs): Because no one wants a hot drink.
- Cocktail shaker: Another no-brainer.
- Bar tools: Purchase a jigger, stirrer and bottle opener if nothing else. You can often find these tools sold in a set.
- Mixers: Have your favorite mixers on hand for quick pouring. Swap juice containers for glass carafes and cohesive look.
- Alcohol: Unless you prefer the virgin variety of course. Serving liquors from decanters instead of cheap looking store-bought packaging is optimal (especially for style points).
- Decanters: See above.
- Coasters: Protect your furniture and add your style with a personal monogram. I love these options from Mark & Graham.
- Tray: They are a great way to corral your glasses and alcohol and keep your cart looking organized even when full.